DSC-160® (Non Stainless, 160-layer)
DSC stands for “Damascus Steel Super Clean”, and is manufactured and patented by Markus Balbach.
The term “super clean” designates extremely fine and pure steel. DSC is produced and specially treated by a weld bonding process which prevents the build-up of contaminants in the steel or the welding seams.
- This steel achieves a high degree of hardness after quenching and reacts with low distortion when heat-treated.
- The connections of the welded layers of steel do not separate during further reshaping or burr removal.
- Cutting performance of the blades is superb because the steel is very hard, extremely ductile and has a low degree of brittleness.
These positive properties and safety features of the blade steel are important for production and processing, making this Damascus steel especially suitable for use in industrial production.
- DSC-160® consists of 160 layers
- DSC-160® is bonded from the materials 1.2842 and 1.2767 at a ratio of approx. 3:2.
- The heat treatment is applied by hardening at a temperature of 840°C and quenching in oil. Hardness after quenching is ~65.5 HRC. If maintained twice at 180°C for 1 hour with intermediate quenching, the utilization and final hardness is ~61-62 HRC. Higher or lower utilization hardness is possible by appropriate tempering.
Dimensions: 55mm x 4mm ( width / thickness ) Length: selected length