DSC stands for “Damascus Steel Super Clean”, and is manufactured and patented by Markus Balbach.
The term “super clean” designates extremely fine and pure steel. DSC is produced and specially treated by a weld bonding process which prevents the build-up of contaminants in the steel or the welding seams.
- This pure weld-bonded steel reacts with very low distortion when heat-treated.
- The connections of the welded layers of steel do not separate during further reshaping or burr removal.
- The cutting performance of the blades is superb due to the hardness between 59-62 hrc and is extremely ductile, while also having a low degree of brittleness.
These positive properties and safety features of the blade steel are important for production and processing and therefore, this Damascus steel is especially suitable for use in industrial production.
- Details (sizes)
Version 'A' :
- DSC-145® is bonded from the materials 14C28N and 19C27.
- DSC-145® consists of 130-150 layers.
- DSC-145® stainless is a ferro-chrome martensitic composite and is laid out on quality, not optics.
Dimensions: 60mm x 6mm ( width / thickness ) Length: selected length